1. I am an international student. How can I be registered if I live in an university dormitory?

The migration registration is made by the Office of International Education and Cooperation. You need to submit documents to the address: street Repina, 3, 423 office.

2. What documents should I bring for migration registration?

– A copy of all pages of the passport with stamps, marks, visas;
– Original migration card and its copy;
– Arrival notification of a foreign citizen (registration), if you have it.

3. When do I have to bring the documents for migration registration?

You have to bring the documents the next day after crossing the border of the Russian Federation.

4. How I can be registered if I rent an apartment or room (not in a student dormitory)?

Only property owner can register you. According to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 27, 2018 No. 163-ФЗ, migration registration or its extension need to be done at the territorial office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation at the actual place of residence.

5. If I have to get a student visa? I am a citizen of Kazakhstan.

Citizens of Uzbekistan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Armenia, South Ossetia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, and Abkhazia do not need a student visa.

6. Do I need a visa to come to the Russian Federation? What should I do?

For an initial entry into Russia, you have to get an invitation. The university submits documents to the Ministry of Internal Affairs for issuing an invitation to receive a single study visa valid for 90 days. An invitation can be issued 90 days before arrival in Russia.
Please remember that the issuance of invitation takes 20 working days. To apply for an invitation, a foreign citizen needs to send a completed application form and scan of a passport with its translation
into Russian language to application form

7. I entered to the university and I have a student visa. What do I need to do to extend my visa?

To extend the visa, you must contact the Office of International Education and Cooperation no later than 40 days before the date of expiry of the visa. To extend the visa, you must bring the following documents to the office:

  • HIV Certificate (better to do at Yasnaya 46);
  • Valid international passport (original) and copies of all pages with stamps;
  • Migration card + copy;
  • Arrival notification of a foreign citizen (registration) + copy;
  • 1 photo 3*4 cm (black and white, matte);
  • State payment (duty) for a visa of multiple entry (1600 rubles);
  • Copy of Education contract;

After obtaining a new visa, you must renew your registration at the place of your residence. If you rent an apartment, you must contact the owner for getting new registration.

8. Can I work in Russia?

International students do not receive a work permit if they work in their universities. Students from Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan do not need to obtain a work permit. In all other cases, international students studying full-time at a Russian university can independently apply to the Migration Department for a work permit.




USMU contacts
Apply now 3 Repina st,
(343) 214 86 71,
Whatsapp 17 Klyuchevskaya st,
tel. (343) 214 85 45, 8 800 222 8545