Dental clinic of the Ural state medical University (website)
Dental clinic of USMU was founded as a department and a clinic to the specialized departments of the faculty of dentistry on the basis of the order of the Ministry of health No. 125 of the Russian Federation dated on 7.06.1993, which includes 3 clinics in the following locations: Akademika Bardina, 38-a, Tokarey, 29-a, Lenin ave., 16, and five units: therapeutic unit, therapeutic unit №2, orthopedic unit, surgical unit, children’s and orthodontic unit.
Chief doctor of dental clinic is Natalia V. Myagkova
Currently the dental clinic is one of the best in Russia, and has no analogues as a training clinic. The clinic has two main activities: practical health care and education, for which it has a license. The clinic is a modern institution, which introduces modern health care and scientific development made by the employees of USMU.
Training of students and doctors is held in well-equipped treatment rooms, phantom classes on the new diagnostic equipment with the use of modern technologies and experience of Russian and foreign colleagues from Germany, France, USA, Canada, China. USMU established an international training center for dentistry.
Dental clinic of USMU today is:
– the own University clinic with the area of 4290 sq.m. in 3 buildings (Lenin ave., 16, Tokarey str., 29-a, Ak. Bardin str., 38-a);
– providing all types of dental care (preventive, therapeutic, orthopedic, surgical, orthodontic, physiotherapy) for adults and children;
– modern medical and diagnostic equipment: 104 dental chairs (Sirona, A-dec, Diplomat), 40 specialized phantoms (A-dec, SkillSpace), – – x-ray diagnostic systems Orthophos XG 5 DS Ceph,digital, with cephalostatin;
– qualified medical staff (more than 80% of doctors have the highest qualification category, 10 doctors of medical sciences, 30 candidates of medical sciences, 2 Honored doctors of Russia, 3 Laureates of the prize of the Governor of Sverdlovsk region perform counseling of patients);
– the tradition of the Ural dental school, the scientific supervision of the University dental clinic (chief physician is the associate Professor Stati T. N., heads of the specialized departments – Prof. Rohn G.I., Prof. Bimbos E. S., Prof. Zholudev S.E., Prof. Zhuravlev V. P., Sc. D. Mandra Yu. V.);
– high-tech information support of treatment process –computer software for color detection of teeth (VITA Easy Shade), preparation (Simodont//Moog), modelling structures (CEREC//Sirona), periodontal diagnosis (Florida Probe), computed tomography (Galileos, Picasso, Leonardo), the virtual movement of the jaws, forecasting results, orthodontic and surgical treatment with 3D imaging (Dolphin), diagnosis of biocompatibility of sealing, construction materials and means of individual hygiene of the oral cavity (DiaDENS PC);
translational possibilities: teleconference, video broadcasts, online-consultation, and remote training to large and small audiences – simulation A-dec with intra-oral cameras, endodontic microscopes Carl Zeiss with integrated cameras, dental treatment rooms with multimedia demonstration of the counseling and therapeutic practice;
– innovative technologies of diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases: CAD-CAM systems–CEREC 3//Sirona, prosthetics designs on the basis of zirconium dioxide implants Care Replace Nobel, Mis, Straumann, mini implants, bone grafting of the alveolar process Piezosurgery, periodontal surgery, surgery on the mucosa of the oral cavity with the diode laser SiroLaser, ProZone ozone in the treatment of dental diseases, Damon braces, technology for the production of the CVR chassis, nano-filled restorative, structural materials for fillings and prosthetics (3M, Dentsply, Voco, Kerr), endodontic systems Mailifer: tools, endomotor, apexlocator, antiactivator, obturator;
availability of technologies, innovations, Russian Patents, fundamental clinical and experimental studies, together with the Ural branch of the RAS, Ural Federal University, scientific-educational center of fundamental dentistry;
– continuous training for students, interns, residents, graduate students, doctors of FPK and PP in the workplace of a dentist;
the provision of specialized literature, computer with Internet access (60 computers).
The results of scientific research of the teaching staff formed the basis for the organization of scientific-practical center for primary prevention and treatment of several dental diseases. In the units at the clinics, the staff of the departments conduct consultations and provide specialized care to patients with diseases of any complexity.
The challenges of the day are to increase steadily the level of training, to develop research on important developments in dentistry and to introduce the results of their research into practical health care.
The clinic carries out medical treatment of adults and children in Yekaterinburg and Sverdlovsk region, neighbor regions and specializes on preventive, orthopedic, orthodontic, therapeutic and surgical dentistry. This activity contributes to the quality of medical care, so as accumulate a lot of material that is used in the educational work of the departments and supports the mission of the University.
In its activities the dental clinic is guided by current legislation of the Russian Federation, orders of the Ministry of health of Russia, orders, ordinances and instructions of the rector, Vice-rector for clinical work and international relations, internal regulations and applicable University documents
– organization of educational process on training of health care professionals, introduction of new forms and methods of learning
– research and development of effective methods of diagnostics, treatment and prevention of dental diseases
– the provision of qualified high-tech medical care.
– the provision of consultative assistance to other clinics in the diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of complex clinical cases
– carrying out examination of temporary (persistent) loss of the ability to work and quality control of medical aid
The structure of the clinic includes:
– orthopedic unit
– surgical Department
– the center of Orthodontics
– children’s unit
– dental laboratory